Friday, February 1, 2013

And we're off.. or so we thought!

You know how, as you are going out the door before a big trip, you wish you had done this or that or you start thinking about all the stuff you wish you had packed... well my wish came true yesterday! We got to the airport for our flight but because of mechanical issues it was delayed. We opted to reschedule for today incase we missed our connection in New York.  We thought it better to be at home overnight than stranded with 4 kids in New York with no winter clothes.

It was the best decision!  We had such a restful evening and good night sleep.  To be honest with you I was not in the best condition to take a 26 hour trip.   I was exhausted and run down from packing and organizing, my allergies were terrible and I was plain old grumpy.

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 

These plans definitely prospered me in the rest department!  Today I feel like I can conquer anything!  God knows best... His plans are perfect.

The kids were troopers... not a complaint from anyone as we lugged our bags back out of the airport and headed home (the promise of dinner at a restaurant helped!)

So off we go today... Take 2!  Praying there isn't a take 3 :)


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. Looking at all your posts made me feel like going to Sri Lanka. So I think we shall learn about Sri Lanka while you are gone. Enjoy the cultural experience!

    Michelle and the Smith Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we are thinking of you! Sorry to hear about the delay! Have a stupendous trip!

    ReplyDelete